Wednesday, May 18, 2011

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HAVE A PUBLISHER

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I updated. I've been busy.

First off, if you haven't seen my humor column Bad Acid yet, you should go do that now. It's here: http://www.pointsincase.com/columns/mike-lamb. I've got 14 articles up right now, with a new one every week or two. You can also follow the adventures of Copernicus Thunderbird, Homeless Lunatic Wizard.

Second, go buy my artwork. http://www.zazzle.com/dasempire

Third, check out my article on Cracked.com. I co-wrote and illustrated it. http://www.cracked.com/article_19136_8-terrifying-skeletons-adorable-animals.html

Fourth, and this is the big one, JACK'S INFERNO IS BEING PUBLISHED AND IS DUE OUT NEXT MONTH. Who's publishing it, you ask? Wordplague. A brand new small press of rogue freelancers from the Cracked comedy workshop that I also happen to work for as an illustrator. The first book is called The Four Humors. All profits are for charity. It's a collection of short stories and art with an introduction by David Wong, author of the cult favorite John Dies at the End (currently being made into a motion picture directed by Don Coscorelli).

More Wordplague books lined up in the following months including a series of humorous non-fiction themebooks (starting with The Deathbook), a sci-fi horror novel about demon hunters, a multi-author tale involving steampunk Cthulu, and of course, Jack's Inferno, a dark comedy about hell. Scheduled release date is 6/20/11. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment