Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Agenda

So here's the plan. First, I need to finish up the interior illustrations for Jack's Inferno. Second comes the final page layout and overall design of the book, plus any last minute edits to the manuscript. Once it's all set in PDF format I'm ready to print. The first edition will be released through my company Degenerate Art Studios. Total creative control, no wait, no hassle. If I get a big shot publisher in the future, then great. In the meantime, I can just print the bastard myself. Then anyone with xerox bootlegs can finally get a real copy.

Volume Two and Volume Three are in the works, plus some short stories featuring some of the secondary characters from Jack's Inferno. Also planning on a full color coffee table book of my artwork illustrating Jack's personal version of Hell entitled, appropriately enough, Drunken Tours of Hell. Possibly some animation projects further down the road, but more on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with your publishing venture! I still think you should go the traditional route because I you'd get it picked up, but I understand the annoyance of the waiting game. My book is still in the running and the suspense is killing me. When do you think your book will be out?
    (Yeah, this comment is way late but I just got back from Ethiopia, so what can you do?)

    cheers,

    Sean McLachlan

    ReplyDelete